Junior & Young Rider National Championships
4 August @ 8:00 am – 6 August @ 5:00 pm
National Championships Junior and Young Rider as defined in the IHAA rules below
- Child: Up to and including 13 years old.
Junior: Up to and including 17 years old.
Young Rider: 18 – 21 years old.
Senior: 22 years or older.
Masters: 50 years or older.
- For determining 2.1, a competitor’s age is the age they will turn that year.
i.e. if a competitor turns 22 on 24th Oct 2020 they will count as 22 years old for all competitions in 2020, and must ride as a senior all year.
- It is permitted for an individual to move up an age grade if they wish, but this decision would be applicable for the whole year.
(This applies only for child, junior and young rider, not for senior to masters).
- Where a competitor’s age category is not contested at a given competition they should ride in the nearest age group above theirs. They should return to their normal age category at subsequent competitions.
- Where records are contested, a rider’s age category counts as per 2.1 and 2.2.
- If an individual is competing “up an age grade” then it is possible for them to be awarded a record for their actual age group and/or for the age group they are competing in.
- Competitions for children will be run without timing rules. They must maintain the pace of canter or gallop, but they will not receive any points or penalties for speed; only target points and multi-hit bonuses (where applicable) will determine their score.
* Guidance on competitors nominating their age category (as per 2.3) will be published on the IHAA website